Weekends are for Adventures!!!
When we first met Rosy and G. one of the first things they told us about themselves was how much they love the outdoors, mountains and hiking. So needless to say when it came time to plan their engagement session we just knew we had to find an amazing nature-y location! Of course, we didn’t have to look too far, living and working out of the North Georiga area we have the benefit of having all the things they love practically in our backyard! We are definitely not short on mountain views, flowing streams, waterfalls, and hiking trails, especially if you are up for a little adventure during your shoot!
For Rosy and G. we headed to one of our favorite areas to be in… the Dahlonega, Georgia area! We were already so excited for our shoot with these two, and when Rosy messaged us and told us she was planning on wearing a blue tulle skirt… well you can insert all the heart eyes here! Then they told us they were up for anything, even getting in the water!! AHHH you guys, seriously there aren’t enough heart eye emojis for this one! The way these two look at each other and laugh together, ❤ if only you could hear the giggles and laughs through the images. We can’t help but see fairy tale dreams when we look at their session!
We’ve had so much fun getting to know Rosy and G. plus working and laughing with them. We cannot wait to celebrate with them in September in Gainesville, Georiga!
We’ve got May Minis Friends!!!
May Minis will be happening Friday, May 18, 2018, in Gainesville, Georgia. Session times will be in the late afternoon/evening and spots are limited!
Just a reminder Mother’s Day is May 13th friends, and these minis would make a great gift for mom for Mother’s day! 😉 I mean what mom doesn’t love pictures of their kiddos… no matter how old they are! So gift mom a session! Join with her, bring all the kiddos and make it a family thing or send mom to get her hair and makeup done and then follow it up with a mini session just for her! Just a few ideas for ya!!
These sessions are also a great way to update pictures of your kiddos, update your headshots, or just for fun!
Remember spots are limited so don’t wait and miss out!
We hope to see you in a few weeks!
For more information, questions or to book contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These sweet girls from the Class of 2018 are getting ready to graduate in just a few short weeks! In some ways, it seems like forever since we met these ladies over the summer (we blame that on what felt like the longest winter ever!) while all at the same time it also feels like yesterday! While they are each preparing for the future and getting ready to head to various schools and opportunities in the North Georiga area… we’re getting ready to welcome the next Capture Thirteen Class.
We can’t wait to meet the upcoming Class of 2019 and plan senior shoots for them, celebrating all of their accomplishments. As a matter of fact, we’re so ready to get Class of 2019 sessions going that we are offering the Class of 2019 sessions at the Class of 2018’s rate! That’s right… book early and SAVE friends!!!
Early Birds book your session before May 18, 2018, and receive a full senior session for $175.00! Sessions do not have to take place prior to May 18, 2018, but they must be booked in order to receive this special price. All senior sessions come with professionally edited images, digital files and print release delivered via password protected gallery. Custom Flash drives are available for purchase. Depending on the location of your session travel fees may apply.
We are based out of the Northeast Georiga area between Braselton and Gainesville Georgia, serving the Northeast Georgia area and beyond!
For more information on our senior sessions or to book contact us email@example.com or fill out the contact form below!
April Wedding Day Tip
All brides love getting ready with their girls on their wedding day… it’s a fun way to spend a little extra time with just your girls before the day begins. A lot of sweet memories are made in these moments… laughs, tears, joy, excitement, toasts, and hugs lots of hugs. We love when we have the opportunity to capture these candid moments for our brides, and today we’re sharing our top 5 tips for making these moments picture perfect!
- Keep your bridal suite tidy!
- Make keeping your bridal suite tidy simple by having a designated spot for all your girls to place their bags and hang their dresses as they arrive. This will help keep everyone’s belongings from getting mixed up and lessen the confusion on who’s shoes are whose and where that necklace went. 😉 Plus no one wants to be tripping over bags all morning long! Another way to keep your bridal suite tidy… make sure your bridal suite has trash cans readily available, this way all the trash from unwrapping gifts, new products and snacks makes its way into the trash can and not the floor! These simple suggestions will help keep your bridal suite tidy and cut down on confusion and chaos. Plus it will save time, keeping you, your bridesmaids and photographer from having to make a mad dash to straighten up the bridal suite for pictures. You and your girls won’t lose a second of celebrating and your photographer can come right in and capture those candid moments you’ll treasure forever with your best girls!
- Coordinate Schedules with HMU and Photographer
- As photographer’s, we typically arrive just after our brides have had their hair and makeup completed, because what bride wants to be photographed prior to hair and makeup on her wedding day?! One thing we always go over with our brides at our final meeting is the picture timeline for the day, this way our brides know when we will arrive and when pictures will begin so they can coordinate with their hair and makeup artist. When booking your hair and makeup artist we recommend asking them if a trial run for your hair and makeup is included, this way not only will you know how your wedding day look will look, but you’ll have an idea of how long it will take the day of and how much time you need to allow for hair and make-up. Also if you are hiring the same hair and makeup artist for your bridesmaids as yourself make sure your hair and makeup artist knows how many bridesmaids she’ll need to do hair and make up for. This way everyone is ready on time and your hair stylist and makeup artist aren’t scrambling to finish up and can have time for any last minute touch-ups!
- Get Matchy-Matchy!
- Having matching robes, button-down shirts or tanks with monograms or maybe even a cute pajama set will take you’re getting ready pictures to the next level! Afterall who doesn’t love a good monogram here in the south! Plus they make for sweet gifts that your bridesmaids will be able to wear again and again!
- Pretty Hangers!
- Another secret that will take your dress/getting ready pictures to the next level is pretty hangers! There are so many options when it comes to pretty hangers and you can find them just about anywhere these days. We’ve been seeing them sold in some of our favorite stores like Wal-mart, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby! You can purchase hangers that spell out bride or Mrs. or if you want to a more personal touch head over to Etsy and you can order a hanger for your dress with your new last name! Or if you’re a DIY gal like us, you can pick up some wooden hangers at Target or Wal-mart, and create your own custom hangers for you and your girls!
- Have a planner or day of coordinator!
- This will help keep your stress level down and allow you to enjoy this time interruption free with your bridesmaids. Having a planner or day of coordinator you can trust your special day with will not only give you peace of mind on your big day but it will also keep everyone from coming to you with questions about what flowers go where or what time is the cake arriving and etc. With a planner or day of coordinator on site, you can kick back and enjoy the day from start to finish! As photographers here in Northeast Georgia we’ve had the opportunity to work with some wonderful planners and day of coordinators… bride friends if you need a few recommendations or referrals we know some great ones!
Above all, remember sweet brides, it’s your wedding day, enjoy every moment of it and be sure to soak it all in!
The first day of spring was a few days ago but the weather outside is still screaming winter! I know I know it could be worse… our friends to the north are getting countless inches of snow… but in our defense, we live in the south and we’re southern girls around here! Haha, we like our sundresses, lemonades, picnics, and tans plus we’ve had what has felt like the longest winter ever around here! I mean we had our first snow before Christmas this year and we saw temperatures below 30 waaay before January! We’re used to milder winters and maybe only 1 or 2 good snows (and by good snows we mean less than 10 inches) here in our area of North Georiga.
We really are trying not to complain too much around here, and we’re desperately hoping maybe all this cold air will at least mean fewer mosquitos this summer! So while we’re sitting here cuddled up in warm blankets we’re dreaming of all that is to come this spring and summer and looking back at some of our favorite warmer weather wedding moments and dreaming of all that is coming up for us in April.
Looking ahead, we have a styled shoot coming up the first week in April that we are sooo excited about! We can’t tell you too much about it yet but we’re working with an amazing team and we can’t wait for April to get here! We also have some shoots coming up at new locations that we are looking forward to shooting at, plus we can’t wait to see what our summer brides have in store for us! Speaking of summer we still have a few openings for weddings this summer, so if you’re working on summer or fall wedding plans for this year and still haven’t booked your photographer send us a message or fill out our contact form. We’d absolutely love to chat with you about your wedding day plans and see if we would be the perfect fit for your perfect day!
March Wedding Day Tip
Brides, be sure to either send or save an invitation suite for your wedding day to your photographer! We recommend to all of our brides that they include their paper details in their details box for us on their wedding day. What’s a detail box?! A detail box is simply a way we ask our brides to provide us their detail items for photographs on the wedding day. This way our brides, or bridesmaids aren’t having to frantically search for detail items for pictures when we arrive. We can walk in collect the detail box and get started right away. So sweet bride friends, when you are getting your detail box ready, don’t forget to include your paper details! So often our brides have gorgeous invitations, rsvp cards, envelopes, wedding programs, and menus and these beautiful paper details should be documented too! After all, you put a lot of thought and time into creating the perfect paper suites together for your special day, what better way to have them documented and preserved than letting your photographer combine them with your other pretty bridal details!
See our February Wedding Day Tip for additional items to include in your detail box!
Capturing our couples’ engagements and wedding days is always an honor, but that honor is even sweeter when our friends and families allow us to not only be a part of their celebration but also capture it all for them. We kicked off 2018 with my cousin Kaylin’s January wedding at R-Ranch in the Mountains, located in Dahlonega, Georgia. I honestly can’t think of a better way to spend a day at “work” than to spend it celebrating with my family! It was easily one of the best days ever on the job!
The day of the wedding, the North Georgia mountains surrounding the ranch were dusted with snow and the wind was blowing snow all around that morning. It was definitely a cold winter day, but friends, winter never looked as good as it did on Kaylin and Daniel’s wedding day! Kaylin was an absolutely gorgeous winter bride and watching her wedding day unfold before our cameras was like watching a fairy tale, except it was better and sweeter because this was real life! From the first look to the ceremony, and yes even on the dance floor, joy and happiness filled their special day. Surrounded by family and friends they said “I do” in the R-Ranch lodge as warm sunshine poured through the windows.
Following the ceremony, the bride and groom and guests enjoyed the sounds of the David Anderson Band and danced until the sun began setting. As the sun set the golden light poured through the windows, setting the stage for some dreamy dance floor pictures, and we even managed to sneak outside for a few quick pictures before the send off to catch the last few minutes of the sunset. With the sunset, this joyful day came to a close and Kaylin and Daniel left for their honeymoon with a sparkler send off.
Congratulations, Kaylin and Daniel!
Venue: R-Ranch in the Mountains | Caterer: Longstreet Cafe | Ceremony Flowers and Bouquet: The Flower Mart | Cake: Sweet Treats by Leigh
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner friends, and with this holiday being all about love… we know that some of our friends out there, will be finding themselves wearing a new sparkly ring in a few short days! Or maybe you got engaged over the Christmas and New Year holidays and find yourself celebrating this Valentine’s Day with a little wedding planning! Either way, we want to celebrate the love with you! So what’s the deal?! We’re so glad you asked!
To celebrate the day of love, we’re offering 10% off all full day wedding investments booked between February 14-24th, 2018. Plus we’re letting you in on the deal a little early, so if you’re already engaged you can go ahead and request information or ask any questions you might have and still have plenty of time to get in on this deal.
Our full day wedding investments start out with 6 hours of wedding day coverage, 2 photographers, digital files delivered via an online gallery, a custom flash drive, and print release rights. All full wedding day investments come with your choice of a complimentary engagement or bridal session. For pricing information click here.
Brides this will be our last special offer on our full day weddings for a while, so don’t miss out! If you’re becoming Mr. and Mrs. in 2018 be sure to fill out the contact form below or contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to answer any of your questions and would absolutely love to hear all about your wedding day!
Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts. Offer valid on full wedding day investments ONLY. Full wedding day investments start with 6 hours of wedding day coverage. Wedding Dates are not considered booked until we have a signed contract and have received your retainer fee payment. Capture Thirteen Photography is based out of the Northeast Georiga area between Gainesville and Braselton, Georgia. We serve the Northeast Georgia area and beyond and are available for travel. Travel fees may apply.
February Wedding Day Tip
One thing we tell our brides is to place all of their detail pieces in a box or bag for pictures. This way when we arrive, we can come and collect the box/bag with all the details and get to work on those pretty detail shots. This way no pieces get left out and no one is running around looking, scrambling or stressing over where items are. Detail items we recommend are… rings, bracelets, necklaces, shoes, perfume, handkerchiefs, your bouquet, a copy of your wedding invitation and any other sentimental items you might be including in your day.