Hey hey, Class of 2019!!!
Your year is finally here!
There are soo many things about the senior year to look forward to! Senior Breakfast, Leading the Spirit Section on Friday nights, Senior Dress Up Day (do they still do that?! Back in the day seniors could dress up for Halloween! 😉 since it was only for seniors months of planning went into the day trying to come up with the best costume!) Proms, Yearbook Day, getting ready for college, and of course senior pictures! YAY!
One of the things back in the day that made me feel like my senior year had finally come was my senior portrait session! While sooo much about senior portrait sessions has changed since my senior year, one thing still remains the same… you spend a lot of time thinking and planning how you will dress, wear your hair and makeup! You want to look and feel your best!
We know picking out what to wear, styling your hair, wearing makeup and choosing accessories can be a little daunting. Trust us… you should see us when we have to go in front of the camera! So today we’re sharing with you a few of our tips and suggestions to one of the most asked questions we receive when it comes to senior pictures… What do I wear?!
- The number one thing we tell all of our clients is no matter what you choose to wear make sure you are comfortable in it. Try on every potential outfit and make sure you not only like how the outfit looks on but that your comfortable moving around in it! If you aren’t comfortable in what you’re wearing it will show through in your pictures. So make sure you’re not only comfortable with how necklines and hemlines hit but also moving around in them. With senior sessions, we move around a lot, and the last thing we want is for you to feel restricted by your clothes!
- While we don’t restrict the number of wardrobe changes our seniors can make we do have a limited amount of time with each senior. So we recommend no more than 3 changes as this takes away from our shooting time. So we recommend a casual look, a more dressed up look and a look to show off your personality or interests!
- Ladies…. Your casual look can be your everyday look, maybe jeans or shorts paired with a cute tee or tank, with a cute pair of sandals or tennis shoes, maybe even throw your hair up in a cute messy bun or braid. For our guy friends out there, jeans and a tee, or polo shirt work well! Just be you! Your dressy look can be as dressy or non-dressy as you like, tulle skirts paired with a cute pair of converses or heels are always a win in our book! Or if you’ve got a prom dress you just loved, senior pictures is a great time to break it back out! Plus you can never go wrong with a long flowy maxi dress or a romper! For our guy friends out there… jean or slacks, paired with a plaid or gingham shirt always look good for a dressed up look. You could even throw on a jacket or add a sweater over, given it isn’t 100+ degrees the day of your shoot! When it comes to showing off your personality or interests… what is it that you currently love right now in this season, this moment in life?! Maybe you have a school activity you love… cheerleading, volleyball, or playing in the band… bring your uniform or sports equipment, and let’s work it into your session! You could wear your favorite band or comic shirt even!
- Don’t forget there are also other quick and easy ways to change up your look without changing your entire wardrobe! Accessories are always fun! Add a hat, scarf and/or a jacket and switch up your look super easily and quickly!
- Patterns… we love patterns around here, however, some patterns don’t always translate as well in camera. Tiny patterns like tiny polka dots, checks, stripes tend to become distorted in camera. We recommend sticking to bigger patterns when it comes to polka dots checks especially. Patterns that tend to look great in front of the camera are, ginghams, plaids, floral, bigger stripes or spread out stripes.
- Keep your session location in mind! When choosing your wardrobe for your senior pictures keep your session location in mind! If we’re shooting in a woodsy North Georiga location in the summer, odds are you will be surrounded by lots of beautiful green-y, so you’ll want to stay away from wearing deep greens, this way we don’t lose you in the background! Tip: Blues always pop out when everything is super green around here! Or if we’re shooting downtown in front of a colorful mural… maybe stick to solids instead of patterns.
- Makeup?! Every girl has a preference when it comes to make-up, some love it and some not so much. Personally, I’m a gal somewhere in between, some days I love it and some days not so much! 😉 Whether you’re a gal who loves to wear makeup or not we suggest wearing at least a little bit of powder, mascara, and some lipgloss or chapstick. Wearing powder will help cut down on shine, and mascara will help make your eyes pop just a little more, while chapstick will help keep your lips from feeling dried out during the shoot. No matter what, if you’re going with the bare minimum or glamming it up, bring your makeup bag along with you to your shoot, this way if any touch ups are needed along the way, you’re ready!
Honestly, we love how each senior brings there own personal style and tastes to each session + creating sessions and choosing locations that are just for them! So remember, no matter what you choose when it comes to wardrobe, make-up, or accessories… just be you! Beautiful you!
Feeling overwhelmed?! Head to our Session Style Inspiration board over on our Pinterest! Or let us know during the booking process, we’re always happy to help!
Want to know more about our Senior Session?! Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Mom and Me sessions are always some of the sweetest sessions!
We met up with this mother/daughter duo in Flowery Branch, Georgia after our first session date was rained out. We had to move the shoot date back a little and change locations, but you guys I don’t think it could have worked out more perfectly! With all the rain we’ve had, everything is green and beautiful and with Kristen and Charlotte in blue, they simply pop in their pictures! We are absolutely loving how bright and vibrant their session is and we can’t get over how much Charlotte has grown since the fall plus those blonde curls and positively precious!
As we’re saying see ya later to our current senior friends, we’re getting ready to welcome all the new friends from the Class of 2019 and we are so excited to meet you all! We can’t wait to hear all about your interests, activities, and accomplishments and begin planning a senior session that’s tailored just for you! Whether you love a downtown look, all things rustic, all things nature like… woodsy surroundings, beautiful flowing streams, boho vibes, or love the idea of channeling a different era we’ll work with you on creating a session that’s perfect just for you, showcasing your style and interests!
Senior Sessions include photographer’s time and talent and include professionally edited images, with digital files delivered via an online password protected gallery with download and print release rights. Custom Flash drives or Picture Cds are available for purchase.
There is no limit on wardrobe changes, however, we recommend no more than 3 as this does take away from our shooting time. We do not do formal drape or tuxedo pictures. A parent or guardian must be present the day of the session or the session will not take place.
We’re based out of the Northeast Georgia area between Gainesville and Braselton, Georiga. Serving the North Georgia Area and beyond! We’re always up for a road trip 😉 however, depending on the location of your session a travel fee may be applied.
Additional fees may be applied, per any a la carte or add-ons added to your session.
For more information, details or questions about our Senior Session Investments, contact us email@example.com
Weekends are for Adventures!!!
When we first met Rosy and G. one of the first things they told us about themselves was how much they love the outdoors, mountains and hiking. So needless to say when it came time to plan their engagement session we just knew we had to find an amazing nature-y location! Of course, we didn’t have to look too far, living and working out of the North Georiga area we have the benefit of having all the things they love practically in our backyard! We are definitely not short on mountain views, flowing streams, waterfalls, and hiking trails, especially if you are up for a little adventure during your shoot!
For Rosy and G. we headed to one of our favorite areas to be in… the Dahlonega, Georgia area! We were already so excited for our shoot with these two, and when Rosy messaged us and told us she was planning on wearing a blue tulle skirt… well you can insert all the heart eyes here! Then they told us they were up for anything, even getting in the water!! AHHH you guys, seriously there aren’t enough heart eye emojis for this one! The way these two look at each other and laugh together, ❤ if only you could hear the giggles and laughs through the images. We can’t help but see fairy tale dreams when we look at their session!
We’ve had so much fun getting to know Rosy and G. plus working and laughing with them. We cannot wait to celebrate with them in September in Gainesville, Georiga!
We’ve got May Minis Friends!!!
May Minis will be happening Friday, May 18, 2018, in Gainesville, Georgia. Session times will be in the late afternoon/evening and spots are limited!
Just a reminder Mother’s Day is May 13th friends, and these minis would make a great gift for mom for Mother’s day! 😉 I mean what mom doesn’t love pictures of their kiddos… no matter how old they are! So gift mom a session! Join with her, bring all the kiddos and make it a family thing or send mom to get her hair and makeup done and then follow it up with a mini session just for her! Just a few ideas for ya!!
These sessions are also a great way to update pictures of your kiddos, update your headshots, or just for fun!
Remember spots are limited so don’t wait and miss out!
We hope to see you in a few weeks!
For more information, questions or to book contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These sweet girls from the Class of 2018 are getting ready to graduate in just a few short weeks! In some ways, it seems like forever since we met these ladies over the summer (we blame that on what felt like the longest winter ever!) while all at the same time it also feels like yesterday! While they are each preparing for the future and getting ready to head to various schools and opportunities in the North Georiga area… we’re getting ready to welcome the next Capture Thirteen Class.
We can’t wait to meet the upcoming Class of 2019 and plan senior shoots for them, celebrating all of their accomplishments. As a matter of fact, we’re so ready to get Class of 2019 sessions going that we are offering the Class of 2019 sessions at the Class of 2018’s rate! That’s right… book early and SAVE friends!!!
Early Birds book your session before May 18, 2018, and receive a full senior session for $175.00! Sessions do not have to take place prior to May 18, 2018, but they must be booked in order to receive this special price. All senior sessions come with professionally edited images, digital files and print release delivered via password protected gallery. Custom Flash drives are available for purchase. Depending on the location of your session travel fees may apply.
We are based out of the Northeast Georiga area between Braselton and Gainesville Georgia, serving the Northeast Georgia area and beyond!
For more information on our senior sessions or to book contact us email@example.com or fill out the contact form below!
April Wedding Day Tip
All brides love getting ready with their girls on their wedding day… it’s a fun way to spend a little extra time with just your girls before the day begins. A lot of sweet memories are made in these moments… laughs, tears, joy, excitement, toasts, and hugs lots of hugs. We love when we have the opportunity to capture these candid moments for our brides, and today we’re sharing our top 5 tips for making these moments picture perfect!
- Keep your bridal suite tidy!
- Make keeping your bridal suite tidy simple by having a designated spot for all your girls to place their bags and hang their dresses as they arrive. This will help keep everyone’s belongings from getting mixed up and lessen the confusion on who’s shoes are whose and where that necklace went. 😉 Plus no one wants to be tripping over bags all morning long! Another way to keep your bridal suite tidy… make sure your bridal suite has trash cans readily available, this way all the trash from unwrapping gifts, new products and snacks makes its way into the trash can and not the floor! These simple suggestions will help keep your bridal suite tidy and cut down on confusion and chaos. Plus it will save time, keeping you, your bridesmaids and photographer from having to make a mad dash to straighten up the bridal suite for pictures. You and your girls won’t lose a second of celebrating and your photographer can come right in and capture those candid moments you’ll treasure forever with your best girls!
- Coordinate Schedules with HMU and Photographer
- As photographer’s, we typically arrive just after our brides have had their hair and makeup completed, because what bride wants to be photographed prior to hair and makeup on her wedding day?! One thing we always go over with our brides at our final meeting is the picture timeline for the day, this way our brides know when we will arrive and when pictures will begin so they can coordinate with their hair and makeup artist. When booking your hair and makeup artist we recommend asking them if a trial run for your hair and makeup is included, this way not only will you know how your wedding day look will look, but you’ll have an idea of how long it will take the day of and how much time you need to allow for hair and make-up. Also if you are hiring the same hair and makeup artist for your bridesmaids as yourself make sure your hair and makeup artist knows how many bridesmaids she’ll need to do hair and make up for. This way everyone is ready on time and your hair stylist and makeup artist aren’t scrambling to finish up and can have time for any last minute touch-ups!
- Get Matchy-Matchy!
- Having matching robes, button-down shirts or tanks with monograms or maybe even a cute pajama set will take you’re getting ready pictures to the next level! Afterall who doesn’t love a good monogram here in the south! Plus they make for sweet gifts that your bridesmaids will be able to wear again and again!
- Pretty Hangers!
- Another secret that will take your dress/getting ready pictures to the next level is pretty hangers! There are so many options when it comes to pretty hangers and you can find them just about anywhere these days. We’ve been seeing them sold in some of our favorite stores like Wal-mart, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby! You can purchase hangers that spell out bride or Mrs. or if you want to a more personal touch head over to Etsy and you can order a hanger for your dress with your new last name! Or if you’re a DIY gal like us, you can pick up some wooden hangers at Target or Wal-mart, and create your own custom hangers for you and your girls!
- Have a planner or day of coordinator!
- This will help keep your stress level down and allow you to enjoy this time interruption free with your bridesmaids. Having a planner or day of coordinator you can trust your special day with will not only give you peace of mind on your big day but it will also keep everyone from coming to you with questions about what flowers go where or what time is the cake arriving and etc. With a planner or day of coordinator on site, you can kick back and enjoy the day from start to finish! As photographers here in Northeast Georgia we’ve had the opportunity to work with some wonderful planners and day of coordinators… bride friends if you need a few recommendations or referrals we know some great ones!
Above all, remember sweet brides, it’s your wedding day, enjoy every moment of it and be sure to soak it all in!
The first day of spring was a few days ago but the weather outside is still screaming winter! I know I know it could be worse… our friends to the north are getting countless inches of snow… but in our defense, we live in the south and we’re southern girls around here! Haha, we like our sundresses, lemonades, picnics, and tans plus we’ve had what has felt like the longest winter ever around here! I mean we had our first snow before Christmas this year and we saw temperatures below 30 waaay before January! We’re used to milder winters and maybe only 1 or 2 good snows (and by good snows we mean less than 10 inches) here in our area of North Georiga.
We really are trying not to complain too much around here, and we’re desperately hoping maybe all this cold air will at least mean fewer mosquitos this summer! So while we’re sitting here cuddled up in warm blankets we’re dreaming of all that is to come this spring and summer and looking back at some of our favorite warmer weather wedding moments and dreaming of all that is coming up for us in April.
Looking ahead, we have a styled shoot coming up the first week in April that we are sooo excited about! We can’t tell you too much about it yet but we’re working with an amazing team and we can’t wait for April to get here! We also have some shoots coming up at new locations that we are looking forward to shooting at, plus we can’t wait to see what our summer brides have in store for us! Speaking of summer we still have a few openings for weddings this summer, so if you’re working on summer or fall wedding plans for this year and still haven’t booked your photographer send us a message or fill out our contact form. We’d absolutely love to chat with you about your wedding day plans and see if we would be the perfect fit for your perfect day!
March Wedding Day Tip
Brides, be sure to either send or save an invitation suite for your wedding day to your photographer! We recommend to all of our brides that they include their paper details in their details box for us on their wedding day. What’s a detail box?! A detail box is simply a way we ask our brides to provide us their detail items for photographs on the wedding day. This way our brides, or bridesmaids aren’t having to frantically search for detail items for pictures when we arrive. We can walk in collect the detail box and get started right away. So sweet bride friends, when you are getting your detail box ready, don’t forget to include your paper details! So often our brides have gorgeous invitations, rsvp cards, envelopes, wedding programs, and menus and these beautiful paper details should be documented too! After all, you put a lot of thought and time into creating the perfect paper suites together for your special day, what better way to have them documented and preserved than letting your photographer combine them with your other pretty bridal details!
See our February Wedding Day Tip for additional items to include in your detail box!