It’s that time of year again… time for fall minis!
Local friends, mark your calendars, and grab the family!
It’s the perfect time to update that family portrait, come have some fun and maybe even snag a photo for those Christmas cards! 😉
We’ll be in Flowery Branch, GA on Saturday, October 20, 2018, so come on out and join us!
Fall Minis will be available October 20, 2018, ONLY!!! So don’t miss out and book early!
Limited Spots Available
Session Special valid on individual family sessions only! Offer not valid on large group or multi-family sessions.
Session special valid only at photographer’s selected location.
August Wedding Day Tips
It’s been a while since we shared some wedding day tips with our bride to be friends… so we thought we’d jump into August with some wedding day tips. We’ve met with several new brides over the past month and one thing we seem to find ourselves discussing over and over with them is the reception. We’ve talked everything reception from details to food, to takeaways, all the way down to the send-off. However, if we could only talk about one area and only give them one tip… we would talk lighting.
As natural light photographers, we do not shoot wedding day portraits or ceremonies with any kind of flash photography, however, wedding days are spread out over a long period of time and lighting changes with every move of the sun! So by the reception and send off time the sun has typically set and let’s face it we all love hitting the dance floor in the dark where our dance moves look a little better! lol (Now we are natural light photographers, but that does not mean we aren’t capable of shooting with flash, we do typically shoot nighttime receptions and send-offs with flash photography 😉 we’re not crazy and trying to shoot receptions in total darkness!)
However, whether you’re reception is in the daylight or nighttime hours there is one tip we give to every bride, that will make your reception photos look oh so dreamy regardless of the timing.
Tip: Fill your reception with candles and twinkle lights!
Yes! Candles and Twinkle lights will make your reception photos look oh so dreamy and romantic, regardless of the time of day! Plus that little bit of light they give off goes a LONG way in a dark reception venue. We LOVE the bokeh effects they create in the background of your dancefloor photos, and we’re pretty sure you’ll love it too! There are so many options for twinkle lights these days from the traditional twinkle light strands to the newer twists to string lights… like the string Edison light bulbs, and fairy lights. If you can’t use candles due to a no open flame policy at your venue think about adding solar lights like… solar light lanterns!
No matter the time of day, adding a little twinkle light to your reception will add a cozy, romantic, and dreamy touch to your dance floor photos. Especially that first dance moment!
Need a little inspiration? Here are a few of our favorite ways our past Capture Thirteen Brides and North Georiga venues have added a little twinkle and spark to their reception areas!
Still looking for your something blue?! Well get ready bride friends, we’ve got some serious inspiration for you today!
A few months back we teamed up with a few of our vendor friends for a styled shoot at Pleasant Union Farm, located in Canton, Georgia. The day of our shoot the weather did a complete switch up on us dropping with the temperature dropping 20 degrees on the way to the farm with wind and rain moving in but nothing could dampen our dreams of a blue filled shoot!
Our inspiration for this shoot from the blueberries grown on the farm, and honestly, the blue theme just grew from there! I don’t know maybe it’s our love for the color blue that helped draw our inspiration from the blueberries… or really it is probably just our love for blueberries themselves! (Seriously I’ll eat just about anything blueberry flavored or made with real blueberries!) We loved dreaming up ideas for this blueberry shoot and I’m pretty sure if I were getting married right now… I would totally have a blueberry wedding!
Once we decided on the blueberry theme… which took us all of 5 seconds to decide, Brandy and I agreed that we should carry over the blue theme into our bride’s dress, and there entered the blue tulle wedding skirt paired with a lace top. Jenna of JC Beauty helped pull the whole look together for our bride Mona, with a gorgeous natural look for hair and makeup. Since we were going for a non-traditional look for our bride we decided that instead of a veil we would go with a simple blueberry crown which was created for us by Lisa of Laura Jane’s Flowers and Gifts. For our bride’s bouquet, we went with eucalyptus and accented with roses and thistle.
Kate and Jenn of White Vine Weddings, heard our dreams and visions for this shoot and really ran with it creating a set and decor for the day to complement and coordinate with our blueberry dreams. Creating a tablescape with a vintage flair by pairing blue and gold-toned place settings provided by Decor by the Day and complementing florals by Laura Jane’s Flowers, our table was set.
With a quick table scene change of a eucalyptus and rose garland and scattered blueberries, the naked cake provided by Acuna’s Custom Cakes was brought in. We loved the simplicity and old-fashioned charm the blueberries and greenery brought to this cake. Trust us friends, when we say this cake was just as delicious as it was beautiful! We may have even sneaked a bite or two… okay really more like a few slices! 😉
We loved dreaming up visions for this shoot and we loved working with these vendors even more! We couldn’t think of a better time to share these blueberry inspired pictures with that right now in the middle of the blueberry season!
We hope you love this Blueberry inspired wedding shoot as much as we do!
Venue: Pleasant Union Farm | Hair and Makeup: JC Beauty | Styling and Planning: White Vine Weddings | Florist: Laura Jane’s Flowers and Gifts | Dinnerware: Decor by the Day | Cake: Acuna’s Custom Cakes
Hey hey, Class of 2019!!!
Your year is finally here!
There are soo many things about the senior year to look forward to! Senior Breakfast, Leading the Spirit Section on Friday nights, Senior Dress Up Day (do they still do that?! Back in the day seniors could dress up for Halloween! 😉 since it was only for seniors months of planning went into the day trying to come up with the best costume!) Proms, Yearbook Day, getting ready for college, and of course senior pictures! YAY!
One of the things back in the day that made me feel like my senior year had finally come was my senior portrait session! While sooo much about senior portrait sessions has changed since my senior year, one thing still remains the same… you spend a lot of time thinking and planning how you will dress, wear your hair and makeup! You want to look and feel your best!
We know picking out what to wear, styling your hair, wearing makeup and choosing accessories can be a little daunting. Trust us… you should see us when we have to go in front of the camera! So today we’re sharing with you a few of our tips and suggestions to one of the most asked questions we receive when it comes to senior pictures… What do I wear?!
- The number one thing we tell all of our clients is no matter what you choose to wear make sure you are comfortable in it. Try on every potential outfit and make sure you not only like how the outfit looks on but that your comfortable moving around in it! If you aren’t comfortable in what you’re wearing it will show through in your pictures. So make sure you’re not only comfortable with how necklines and hemlines hit but also moving around in them. With senior sessions, we move around a lot, and the last thing we want is for you to feel restricted by your clothes!
- While we don’t restrict the number of wardrobe changes our seniors can make we do have a limited amount of time with each senior. So we recommend no more than 3 changes as this takes away from our shooting time. So we recommend a casual look, a more dressed up look and a look to show off your personality or interests!
- Ladies…. Your casual look can be your everyday look, maybe jeans or shorts paired with a cute tee or tank, with a cute pair of sandals or tennis shoes, maybe even throw your hair up in a cute messy bun or braid. For our guy friends out there, jeans and a tee, or polo shirt work well! Just be you! Your dressy look can be as dressy or non-dressy as you like, tulle skirts paired with a cute pair of converses or heels are always a win in our book! Or if you’ve got a prom dress you just loved, senior pictures is a great time to break it back out! Plus you can never go wrong with a long flowy maxi dress or a romper! For our guy friends out there… jean or slacks, paired with a plaid or gingham shirt always look good for a dressed up look. You could even throw on a jacket or add a sweater over, given it isn’t 100+ degrees the day of your shoot! When it comes to showing off your personality or interests… what is it that you currently love right now in this season, this moment in life?! Maybe you have a school activity you love… cheerleading, volleyball, or playing in the band… bring your uniform or sports equipment, and let’s work it into your session! You could wear your favorite band or comic shirt even!
- Don’t forget there are also other quick and easy ways to change up your look without changing your entire wardrobe! Accessories are always fun! Add a hat, scarf and/or a jacket and switch up your look super easily and quickly!
- Patterns… we love patterns around here, however, some patterns don’t always translate as well in camera. Tiny patterns like tiny polka dots, checks, stripes tend to become distorted in camera. We recommend sticking to bigger patterns when it comes to polka dots checks especially. Patterns that tend to look great in front of the camera are, ginghams, plaids, floral, bigger stripes or spread out stripes.
- Keep your session location in mind! When choosing your wardrobe for your senior pictures keep your session location in mind! If we’re shooting in a woodsy North Georiga location in the summer, odds are you will be surrounded by lots of beautiful green-y, so you’ll want to stay away from wearing deep greens, this way we don’t lose you in the background! Tip: Blues always pop out when everything is super green around here! Or if we’re shooting downtown in front of a colorful mural… maybe stick to solids instead of patterns.
- Makeup?! Every girl has a preference when it comes to make-up, some love it and some not so much. Personally, I’m a gal somewhere in between, some days I love it and some days not so much! 😉 Whether you’re a gal who loves to wear makeup or not we suggest wearing at least a little bit of powder, mascara, and some lipgloss or chapstick. Wearing powder will help cut down on shine, and mascara will help make your eyes pop just a little more, while chapstick will help keep your lips from feeling dried out during the shoot. No matter what, if you’re going with the bare minimum or glamming it up, bring your makeup bag along with you to your shoot, this way if any touch ups are needed along the way, you’re ready!
Honestly, we love how each senior brings there own personal style and tastes to each session + creating sessions and choosing locations that are just for them! So remember, no matter what you choose when it comes to wardrobe, make-up, or accessories… just be you! Beautiful you!
Feeling overwhelmed?! Head to our Session Style Inspiration board over on our Pinterest! Or let us know during the booking process, we’re always happy to help!
Want to know more about our Senior Session?! Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Mom and Me sessions are always some of the sweetest sessions!
We met up with this mother/daughter duo in Flowery Branch, Georgia after our first session date was rained out. We had to move the shoot date back a little and change locations, but you guys I don’t think it could have worked out more perfectly! With all the rain we’ve had, everything is green and beautiful and with Kristen and Charlotte in blue, they simply pop in their pictures! We are absolutely loving how bright and vibrant their session is and we can’t get over how much Charlotte has grown since the fall plus those blonde curls and positively precious!
As we’re saying see ya later to our current senior friends, we’re getting ready to welcome all the new friends from the Class of 2019 and we are so excited to meet you all! We can’t wait to hear all about your interests, activities, and accomplishments and begin planning a senior session that’s tailored just for you! Whether you love a downtown look, all things rustic, all things nature like… woodsy surroundings, beautiful flowing streams, boho vibes, or love the idea of channeling a different era we’ll work with you on creating a session that’s perfect just for you, showcasing your style and interests!
Senior Sessions include photographer’s time and talent and include professionally edited images, with digital files delivered via an online password protected gallery with download and print release rights. Custom Flash drives or Picture Cds are available for purchase.
There is no limit on wardrobe changes, however, we recommend no more than 3 as this does take away from our shooting time. We do not do formal drape or tuxedo pictures. A parent or guardian must be present the day of the session or the session will not take place.
We’re based out of the Northeast Georgia area between Gainesville and Braselton, Georiga. Serving the North Georgia Area and beyond! We’re always up for a road trip 😉 however, depending on the location of your session a travel fee may be applied.
Additional fees may be applied, per any a la carte or add-ons added to your session.
For more information, details or questions about our Senior Session Investments, contact us email@example.com
Weekends are for Adventures!!!
When we first met Rosy and G. one of the first things they told us about themselves was how much they love the outdoors, mountains and hiking. So needless to say when it came time to plan their engagement session we just knew we had to find an amazing nature-y location! Of course, we didn’t have to look too far, living and working out of the North Georiga area we have the benefit of having all the things they love practically in our backyard! We are definitely not short on mountain views, flowing streams, waterfalls, and hiking trails, especially if you are up for a little adventure during your shoot!
For Rosy and G. we headed to one of our favorite areas to be in… the Dahlonega, Georgia area! We were already so excited for our shoot with these two, and when Rosy messaged us and told us she was planning on wearing a blue tulle skirt… well you can insert all the heart eyes here! Then they told us they were up for anything, even getting in the water!! AHHH you guys, seriously there aren’t enough heart eye emojis for this one! The way these two look at each other and laugh together, ❤ if only you could hear the giggles and laughs through the images. We can’t help but see fairy tale dreams when we look at their session!
We’ve had so much fun getting to know Rosy and G. plus working and laughing with them. We cannot wait to celebrate with them in September in Gainesville, Georiga!
We’ve got May Minis Friends!!!
May Minis will be happening Friday, May 18, 2018, in Gainesville, Georgia. Session times will be in the late afternoon/evening and spots are limited!
Just a reminder Mother’s Day is May 13th friends, and these minis would make a great gift for mom for Mother’s day! 😉 I mean what mom doesn’t love pictures of their kiddos… no matter how old they are! So gift mom a session! Join with her, bring all the kiddos and make it a family thing or send mom to get her hair and makeup done and then follow it up with a mini session just for her! Just a few ideas for ya!!
These sessions are also a great way to update pictures of your kiddos, update your headshots, or just for fun!
Remember spots are limited so don’t wait and miss out!
We hope to see you in a few weeks!
For more information, questions or to book contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These sweet girls from the Class of 2018 are getting ready to graduate in just a few short weeks! In some ways, it seems like forever since we met these ladies over the summer (we blame that on what felt like the longest winter ever!) while all at the same time it also feels like yesterday! While they are each preparing for the future and getting ready to head to various schools and opportunities in the North Georiga area… we’re getting ready to welcome the next Capture Thirteen Class.
We can’t wait to meet the upcoming Class of 2019 and plan senior shoots for them, celebrating all of their accomplishments. As a matter of fact, we’re so ready to get Class of 2019 sessions going that we are offering the Class of 2019 sessions at the Class of 2018’s rate! That’s right… book early and SAVE friends!!!
Early Birds book your session before May 18, 2018, and receive a full senior session for $175.00! Sessions do not have to take place prior to May 18, 2018, but they must be booked in order to receive this special price. All senior sessions come with professionally edited images, digital files and print release delivered via password protected gallery. Custom Flash drives are available for purchase. Depending on the location of your session travel fees may apply.
We are based out of the Northeast Georiga area between Braselton and Gainesville Georgia, serving the Northeast Georgia area and beyond!
For more information on our senior sessions or to book contact us email@example.com or fill out the contact form below!